Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dear George,

Have you ever met someone and known you were supposed to be with them?

I went with 3 of my girl friends to see a movie tonight. We saw the Adjustment Bureau. It's a really cool movie, and you should go see it when you have a chance. Anyways, in the movie this guy meets this girl and there's an instant connection, and then he has to fight to be with her. Even though he's only seen her a couple times. He knows he's meant to be with her.

Now I know it doesn't always work that way, that there are many different people we could end up with and be happy. That we don't have "soulmates" in that sense, but we can find true love that will last for eternity.

But what do you do when you meet someone and you KNOW you're supposed to be with them, but they don't feel the same way?

The first time I ever saw SD he got up in fast and testimony meeting and bore his testimony. I'm sorry to say I don't remember what his overall point was, but I do remember one thing. I remember he said something about how he used to not brush his teeth every day because he'd just have to brush them the next day. First of all I thought it was really funny that he'd get up and say something like that to a room full of single women. Not exactly something that would make him date material. But...for me it actually DID make him date material. I remember thinking about what it would be like if he was my husband and got up in front of people and said things like that. Even now it makes me just grin and shake my head.

Then later on I was waiting to meet with the Bishop and SD was sitting outside the office next to me an we got to talking. And he told me he was working on a screenplay for a movie. It was a zombie comedy...yeah I know...I never said he wasn't a bit odd. Anyways, I remember thinking that I'm going to have to talk about zombie comedies for the next few years since that was what he was working on and we were going to be together. I don't LIKE zombie movies, they scare me. And I have trouble imagining a zombie comedy.

But I just knew I'd have to learn to like them. Because he did.

And then I had sortof put that in the back of my mind and I was talking to Heavenly Father one night. To be honest I was kindof being a smart alec with Heavenly Father. A girl in my ward had spoken about how we need to have an eternal companion to progress through eternity. And I was kindof smarting off to Heavenly Father about it. Basically I said "ok, so I have to marry someone to return to you. So point him out. Who is he?" and I started naming random names in the singles ward. I was NOT being serious. But I named a couple people and then I names SD, and I got a yes. Not a little yes, but a YES. And I was like...wait...what? No I was joking... And I still had the yes. So I asked Heavenly Father what I should do with that information and he basically said "nothing". He said to be patient, and work on getting my life in order.

I am not a patient person. If there is ONE thing I am here to learn it's to be patient. AND I know that a "yes" doesn't always mean exactly "yes". Sometimes it means yes you'll be with this person, and sometimes it means yes they'd be a good person to be with, and sometimes it means yes you should ACT like you're going to be with this person because that will take you down a path that will teach you something you need to know.

But just between you and me George, sometimes I really really wish it was just YES. And I really wish SD would get the same message. There was a line in the movie that was something like "this is the first time in 25 years that I haven't felt alone."

Some days I am very tired of being alone. Some days I wish I had someone, even if I had to fight for them.

S

Location:Yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment