Friday, February 25, 2011

Hope Springs Eternal

Dear George,

I feel like I've spent all my time complaining to you the past few days. Today I'm not going to do it, other than to say that today was a very hard and long day. But I made it through, and it wasn't all bad.

And there's always the chance that tomorrow will be better.

I rode in my coworker's convertible today. It was beautiful. I almost want one, but then I remember I live in a place where it's 100+ most of the year, and down around 30-40 the rest of the time. Other than a week or two of spring and fall, which is perfect weather. But I wouldn't trade my blue skies and sunshine for anything else. Even if it meant I could have a convertible and drive in the sunshine with my hair blowing around my head like it's dancing.

I'm very sleepy and I'm not sure I'm making much sense. So I think I should go to sleep now.

Just one more thing. I saw some buds on the tree outside my bedroom window today. I can't wait until the leaves come in. Living in a third floor apartment has a few perks, and the one that makes up for having to climb all the stairs is that most of the year I get to leave all my blinds open and it feels like I'm living in a tree house. Way high in the sky. And the sunlight comes through the leaves and moves across my living room carpet when the wind blows. Sometimes when it rains I open the windows, and the breeze comes in. And I listen to the rain and the sound of the wind in the trees, and the house smells like rain and growing things.

Spring is coming George. I just know it.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment