Saturday, February 26, 2011

My upstairs neighbors

Dear George,

I both love and am annoyed by my upstairs neighbors. I live on the top floor, which you'd think would mean I don't HAVE any upstairs neighbors. But a squirrel family apparently lives in the attic above my bedroom.

I have done my duty and reported it to the apartment complex, but their exterminator didn't find anything. Which actually was a relief. I know which squirrels live up there, I see them all the time. I would feel awful if something happened to them. But at the same time I still had to report them because they can cause a lot of damage. I don't know why the exterminator didn't find them but I'm glad.

So sometimes at night or during the day I hear them, running around, scritchy-scratching, or even talking to each other. I didn't know squirrels talk! But they do. Usually I don't mind. I like the company. And if they do it at night it's not for very long, they usually go to bed pretty early.

It's funny, I guess I never thought about where squirrel families live. Who would have thought they'd live in an apartment??

S

No comments:

Post a Comment